|Title:||Director of Programs - Sensors - Electronic Systems|
|Job Location:||Dulles, Virginia - United States|
|Salary:||$120,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
The Director of Programs will be the functional leader of the program management competency for the company. The
Director of Programs will ensure program teams understand customer requirements and are prepared to effectively
manage cost, schedule and performance to deliver successful external results. The Director will ensure effective and
common risk management processes are utilized. The Director will ensure programs manage a suitable technical
baseline with appropriate program data and reporting across all phases of development, production, sustainment and
modernization. The Director will ensure illumination of consequences for decisions and choices program managers both face themselves and present to higher leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervise, train, motivate, and evaluate program managers.
• Teach program managers to manage and cultivate customer relationships for effective outcomes.
• Guide, mentor and coach program managers to optimize business results.
• Develop future PM leadership and bench strength.
• Safeguard company assets by ensuring policy and contract compliance.
• Assess strategic market position to minimize business risk and maximize results.
• Guide proposal development activities.
• Ensure compliance with sound internal controls to manage all appropriate program expenditures.
• Assist management and team members budgeting, scheduling and measurement practices.
• Analyze validity of schedules, budgets, risks and system performance by program teams.
• Identify budget and schedule requirements/constraints and analyze alternatives.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
• Compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Engineering or other Science related discipline; MS or MBA preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• 15+ years combined work experience with majority in defense Engineering, Manufacturing and Development
(EMD), production, sustainment or modernization environment is required
• 8+ years developing integrated sensor systems in defense or aerospace environment.
• 10+ years in program management roles
• 4 years as a lead major program manager. Government or industry program greater than $500M.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance
• Skillful use of industry program management practices, techniques, and standards
• Risk identification and management
• Interpretation of customer needs and requirements
• Clear presentation creation and delivery
• Developing and maintaining business relationships
• Data analysis
• Excellent problem solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills
• High energy and aggressive approach to issues
• Work ethics of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity
• Managing competing priorities
• Team building
• Proposal generation, management and negotiation
• Staff and skill mix allocation
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Willingness and ability to travel
o Organizational constructs and dynamics
o Earned value management principles, manufacturing requirements planning
o Government contracting, business/proposal strategies
o Project management best practices, policies and procedures, negotiation
o Personnel development
o Financial analysis and planning
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree