This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Director of R&D (DC-8950)|
|Job Location:||Austin, Texas - United States|
|Salary:||$120,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Excellent Benefits Package, Structured Bonus Program|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Worldwide|
Opportunity to lead the R&D Division of an established Agricultural organization. Opportunity to bring about solid solutions for Ag Growers. Competitive Base Salary plus Bonus Opportunity. Strong Benefits Package including Relocation Assistance.
***THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH. ALL THAT WE CAN SHARE AT THIS TIME IS WHAT WE HAVE SHOWN.***
This employer is seeking a Director of R&D for an established global Agricultural organization manufacturing specialty fertilizer products now and other crop health products in future. Ideal candidate will possess a PhD and a minimum of 10 years' current experience leading an R&D team researching, developing and improving a line of specialty fertilizer products with experience touching at least 60% of the product creation to market introduction process. Director to be located in a major urban area in northern Mexico or in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas and will report directly to the CEO of organization.
1) Primary career core experience creating/developing/refining bio stimulants including experience with Omic technologies and metabolomics.
2) Solid Agronomy/Plant Physiology background
3) Long-term employment as a R&D Leader
4) Experience touching at least 60% of processes from creation of a new product to testing to sales and marketing to rollout of new product into the Ag market space.
5) Currently in similar R&D Leadership role with ability to lead people and to lead peers.
***COMPENSATION DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE. EMPLOYER WILL CONSIDER GLOBAL CANDIDATES AND IS LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY.***
- PhD preferred; Major in Plant Physiology, Agronomy, Crop Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology.
- Agriculture Research / Scientist background in the Plant Physiology field.
- Experience working with plants at their molecular or microorganism level via use of Omic Technologies (interactions of omic levels in the plant for its adaptation to the environment, Phenotyping) or Metabolic processes such as proteomics and epigenetics.
- Current R&D Manager with minimum 10 years Leadership experience reporting directly to a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Superb skills leading people and leading peers with a minimum 60% involvement in the Product Development Cycle, especially the creation of specialty plant nutrition products, such as micronutrients or bio stimulants, utilizing scientific formulation processes through to introducing a new product to the Ag market space.
- Strong focus on ultimately helping Ag growers to solve real and important issues limiting crop yield and crop quality.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation with ability to converse directly with Ag growers regarding agronomic issues.
- English and/or Spanish as a first language; Portuguese language skills also beneficial.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Desire to reside / work in either Northern Mexico or the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas
- Employment Longevity: Must Have been 5 years or more at current role or previous roles.
University - Master's Degree