This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Director of Sales|
|Job Location:||Waterbury, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$120,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||uncapped performance bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Privately owned Chemical company located in CT is seeking a Director of Sales, possibly promtable to VP of Sales for a retiring incumbent. The company is a Chemical facilty that offers Distribution / Blending & Packaging / Formulation / Lab Analysis & Process Audits of multiple Specialty & Commodity Chemicals. They seek a highly visible / achiever that can lead them to new levels of sales.
The individual can live anywhere in the NE area and travel to corporate a few times per month while overseeing and training the sales force reporting to them. Speciality Chemical Sales Management of Sales Teams not just accounts is desired.
Location: can reside anywhere in the NE, work from home, corporate visits in CT every other week.
Must have Specialty and or Commodity Chemical experience
Our Client is currently looking to hire a dynamic Director of Sales who can successfully manage a complex sales cycle, coach her/his team and help structure the sales organization for future growth. Our Client is the oldest privately held chemical company in the United States, they are also the most progressive and we are looking for a curious, energetic and accomplished person to lead their sales team in New England. They distribute commodities for industry and market proprietary chemistries for surface and waste water treatment. They go to market with a “customer intimate” approach and seek to bring expertise and chemistry to manufacturing’s toughest problems.
The Sales Director will create and implement the sales and business development strategy for the Northeast Group. He/she will also set revenue targets, key performance indicators, sales plans and customer retention strategies. The goal is 2x + 1 = double the market rate of growth, every year.
• Develop and execute a sales growth strategy and provide and implement a multiyear sales plan and forecast.
• Focus on sustainable growth in sales and gross profit through existing accounts and new business.
• Establish and meet expectations outlined by Smart Goals that support the company’s strategic plan.
• Formulate sales budget and maintain control of sales selling expenses.
• Monitor competitor’s activity for impact on sales goals and develop or adjust strategy if required.
• Develop and oversee a customer retention and service strategy to maximize customer renewals and incremental growth.
• Design and implement plans to acquire new customers to meet growth goals.
• Leadership accountability for recruiting, developing, engaging, managing and coaching the NE Sales team.
• Collaborate with sales, marketing and the tech group to ensure we have products that meet our customers’ requirements.
• Identify possible business alliances that will create value for the company and establish relationships with them.
• Manage product pricing and quoting processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree, five+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven B to B sales experience in an industrial setting, meeting or exceeding targets.
• Experienced in team-based selling AND value-added selling.
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Relevant industry background gained from a competitor or company in a related industry would be an asset.
• Energetic, curious and aggressive self-starter
• Superior interpersonal skills and sales aptitude• Builds loyal relationships quickly. Enthusiastic personality that wears well with customers and team members.
• Confident “take charge” person who can make decisions easily.
• Makes a strong, favorable impression on customers.
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence from others.
• Strong presentation skills and written communications skills.
• Creative and resilient.
• 100% personal and business integrity.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree