This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Director, Business Development|
|Job Location:||New York City, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||No more than $100K in base; ideal sweet spot is $90K, with total comp in the $150K range plus equity|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Director, Business Development NY, NY
Startup, venture funded, proven product, existing revenue/client base. good benefits.
We believe that properly collected and analyzed data is inherently honest. However, businesses often only have access to narrow slices of data about their customers or audiences, or the data they have looks only at what people say and not what they do.
The Director of Business Development builds relationships with marketers, selling SaaS subscriptions of a new, revolutionary service.
We solve multiple marketing challenges, provide huge value and the sky’s the limit.
We’re all about results and so are you.
This position is an excellent mid-career opportunity for the right salesperson who enjoys building relationships, is conversant in marketing research language and process, and has a proven track record of closing annual subscription deals and consistently exceeding his/her sales quotas.
You will utilize established and self-sourced contacts in marketing as well as inbound leads to build a pipeline and drive prospects through the sales funnel to closure.
The position is largely self-directed and reports to SVP of Sales.
Compensation is very generous, and you’ll work in a modern, well- appointed office with many perks.
- Aggressively source leads via web, social media, and existing contacts
- Open doors with new prospects, map the organization and find the decision maker(s)
- Convert inbound leads into opportunities and sales
- Consultatively sell by questioning and understanding prospect use case(s) that Company addresses, linking the features of the Company solution through to benefits and business payoff
- Confidently price, incent and close deals, exceed quota
- Build relationships and brand advocates at your accounts
- Document all sales efforts, progress and results in CRM
- Provide internal feedback about product opportunities and unmet needs
- Work with client success managers to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy
- Income motivated
- Action oriented
- Continual learner
- Always optimistic
- Enjoys building relationships
- A proven track record of achievement and goal setting
- 4+ year sales experience successfully selling SaaS tools or digital B2B solutions, sales to the marketing or research functions a big plus
- Genuine, active listener who thinks before speaking or taking action
- Experience successfully utilizing a consultative sales method (Challenger, Sandler, SPIN etc.), formal training a plus
- Experience successfully uncovering needs, exploring pain points, introducing multiple solutions with follow through to benefits and business payoff
- Experience closing business in a new budget, multi-decision maker and influencer sale
- Consistently and accurately uses sales technology tools like CRM, web share, social platforms
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves a results-driven culture
- College degree or equivalent
Compensation / Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience, Base + Commission
- No cliff and no cap on commission
- Health, Dental, and other benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fun, dynamic colleagues
- Social outings, Days of service
- WeWork office with tons of perks
- US work permit required
- No sponsorship
- No relocation
- Most territory clients are in NYC
- Some travel (<20%)