Director, Medical Provider Relations
|New York City, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
New role for a growing company in the medical transportation industry. Will have the opportunity to hire a team to expand their business in the greater NYC area.
The Medical Provider Relations Director will work closely with NYS Department of Health, local and state officials, and medical providers to assist the success of the NYS Medicaid transportation program. The Medical Provider Relations Director will develop and maintain close working relationships with medical providers, with a primary focus on health system executive leadership teams, within their assigned region. The Director will coordinate MP Liaison activity within their assigned region. Candidates must be located in the New York City Region as regular travel is required within our NYC territory.
Reporting to the Vice President of Provider Relations, the Medical Provider Relations Director will manage the everyday workings of the program, including, but not limited to, meet regularly with medical providers to address issues, provide in-service on the system, review requirements of area contracts and ensure compliance within their assigned region. The Director will also meet regularly with Field Liaisons and Company leadership team to identify, develop, and address statewide and regional initiatives.
Medical Provider Relations Director has frequent and significant contact with field operations, Transportation Provider Department, as well as other internal departments.
- Establish, foster and cultivate relationships between Company and medical providers, with a primary focus on the executive leadership of health systems and high-volume medical facilities within assigned region
- Provide program guidance, structure, and leadership to execute medical provider oversight and goals
- Serve as control point to ensure proper documentation and process execution
- Manage health system dashboard metrics
- Continuously review internal and external processes to improve efficiencies and performance of the Medical Provider Relations Department and medical providers
- Guide and support Medical Provider Liaisons
- Conduct regular Field Liaison meetings to communicate updates/changes to policy or procedure, provide education, and coordinate activities across all regions
- Develop and maintain regional/topic specific training material and resources
- Manage Medical Provider Relations Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Support and assist with all potential and existing Preferred Provider Opportunities (PPO)
- Maintain records of all communication with medical provider stakeholders
- Maintain documentation and log interactions
- In-person meetings
- Phone/email interactions
- Document and monitor contact database and develop reports
- Collaborate and meet with internal Leadership teams as needed/required
- Participate in bi-weekly leadership meetings
- Demonstrates excellent medical provider relations management
- Empathy and compassion for individuals with the medical community, as well as a passion for improving access to critical services is a must for this candidate
- Possess and maintain a positive, courteous, and professional demeanor with all leadership colleagues, internal/external stakeholders, and all employees always, have proven expertise with healthcare in general, the overall Medicaid system, NEMT policies and procedures, and customer service excellence
- Leadership skills include relationship building, communication, coaching, team building, accountability, and execution and project management
- Further skills include strategic planning, attention to detail/quality focus, problem solving, documentation skills, analyzing information, time management, multi-tasking, excellent written & verbal communication skills, and critical thinking skills
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of Medicaid rules and regulations preferred not required
- 3 plus years of relevant experience
- Experience in the medical or human services transportation preferred
- Will be required to travel 50% or more within defined region
- Candidates must be located in the New York City Region as regular travel is required within our NYC territory.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree