This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Director, Risk Management|
|Job Location:||Sunrise, Florida - United States|
|Salary:||$105,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Director, Risk Management
Direct the risk and claim management responsibilities of the Corporate Risk Management Department to include evaluating potentially compensable events and managing and monitoring malpractice claims made against the Company, its affiliated practices and employees.
Review risk related events, incident reports, loss runs, contracts, malpractice background reviews to evaluate liability exposure.
• Oversee investigations of incidents and claims, evaluate any event that could result in a claim.
• Coordinate development and presentation on risk management issues.
• Consult with medical staff regarding identified risks and the development and implementation of corrective measures.
• Participate in the orientation of new employees to introduce risk management philosophies and programs.
• Oversee and manage medical malpractice claim program.
• Develop claims handling strategies and oversee the claims management program including interacting with TPAs, claims adjusters and defense counsel.
• Coordinate and participate in quarterly claim meetings.
• Attend mediations and trials, as requested.
• Correspond and communicate claim status with involved parties and the Vice President of Risk and provide recommendation for resolution of claim.
Other Management responsibilities
• Assist with preparation of budget, monitor expenses.
• Conduct performance evaluations and set goals for Risk Management Staff.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or four-to-ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Manager and/or prior experience as a healthcare liability claims adjuster.
Please submit with the follwing questions answered:
Describe the type of work you personally manage and what is the avg. volume?
Describe the type of work you manage as part of a team and what is the avg. volume? How many team members do you interact with on a daily basis?
Describe the type and volume of documents you analyze and the purpose of your involvement:
Describe your work philosophy, style and ideal work environment: Example of problem solving skills:
Type and size of industry you work for: Examples...small, large law firm, business corporation, insurance company, etc. 5-100?
Explain your interactions with your supervisor and the frequency:
Please cover the most recent 7 -10 year period. Medical malpractice litigation: Professional malpractice or General Liability Insurance: Describe your interactions with insurance carriers: Describe your interactions with other law firms?
Describe your interactions with hospital administrators or risk management: What level of authority do you have?
Who are your customers: What is your role in supporting your customers: How often do you interact with them:
Who are your business partners:
Describe your interactions with your organization’s business partners and how often you interact with them: Describe any presentations you have made
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree