This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Houston, Texas - United States|
|Salary:||$140,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||30% target bonus (could be 2x)|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Seeking Division Controller
Fiduciary - Develop, implement and maintain controls and procedures to ensure that company assets are properly recorded and protected.
Business partner - Provide ongoing financial guidance and assistance to Division management. Team with Division management and staff to improve business processes, profitability, and working capital management.
Strategic - Lead the development of long term plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts which adequately project the operations performance. Assist in the evaluation of major capital expenditures and other investments.
* Responsible for the direction of the Finance/Accounting functions of the division
* Coordinate annual Strategic Plan, Budgets and Forecasts with division management
* Manage the monthly and quarterly closing, internal and external audits, and financial reporting; assuring compliance with Corporate policy, GAAP and SOX.
* Manage contract revenue and cost accounting for compliance with GAAP., including contract accounting (percentage of completion, completed contract)
* Review all major asset and liability accounts for proper classification and valuation
* Coordinate efforts between the accounts receivable staff and the Division sales and project management staff to improve the timeliness of collections
* Provide cost accounting services , including information to assist in pricing decisions
* Assist in the development and maintenance of inventory accuracy, including physical verification, valuation and excess/obsolete reserves
* Ensure that Company capital expenditure/fixed assets policy is enforced
* Manage the staffing of the division accounting staff to achieve process continuity. Guide staff in professional development
* Provide Division management with financial analysis and guidance in understanding the business drivers and how to improve profitability and working capital
* Lead and participate in teams to improve processes and performance
Minimum four year degree in Accounting.
* Minimum five years experience in Manufacturing accounting in a leadership position.
* Experience in leading the monthly close and reporting, budgets and forecasts.
* Experience with an ERP system (Oracle preferred)
* CPA, CMA or MBA (preferred).
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to prioritize and manage time effectively. (self-motivated and self-managing).
* Honest, full and open disclosure, integrity
* Ability to anticipate issues and take preventive/corrective action
* Ability to delegate effectively and supervisory skills
* Analytical - macro (financial trends, comparisons, relationships)and micro (getting to "root cause")
* Ability to drive continuous improvement.
* Professional curiosity and continuous learning
* Ability to partner with all levels of the organization
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree