This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Divisional Group Executive: Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional Service|
|Job Location:||Pretoria, Gauteng - South Africa|
|Salary:||$1,000,000.00 - $1,500,000.00 - South African Rand - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
The Client is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that develops, localises and diffuses technologies in support of South Africa’s reindustrialisation, the development of a capable state and overall socioeconomic prosperity. The organisation has renewed its growth strategy to increase its focus on supporting a competitive South Africa through innovation, as well as to create a balance between its scientific and technological research and development, and its industrial development work.
· Lead and provide strategic direction to the Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional Service;
· Drive alignment of divisional Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) and commercialisation strategies with the trends, needs and opportunities of the relevant sectors aligned with Clients strategic objectives;
· Lead and maintain high-level stakeholder engagement in industry and the public sector;
· Drive strategic investment of parliamentary grant to leverage further income from other funding sources;
· Be accountable for financial sustainability, including income diversification, revenue generation, profit and loss;
· Drive and maintain a balanced portfolio of research, development and commercialisation as per the organisation’s vision;
· Drive investment in strategic capabilities for current and future competitiveness;
· Be accountable for quality, health and safety;
· Be accountable for people development, succession planning and transformation;
· Evaluate and manage the divisional risks in terms of people, property, finances and goodwill;
· Live Clients values; foster a culture of collaboration within and between divisions.
· A Doctoral degree in Science or Engineering;
· Five years executive-level experience, and ten years of senior management experience in research, development innovation and commercialisation in industry or a leading research and technology organisation
· Relevant industry experience in one or more sectors that are relevant to the division;
· Proven track record of managing a minimum budget of R200 million linked to RDI initiatives;