Draftsman - VA
|Stafford, Virginia - United States
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Draftsman - VA
Reporting to the owners of 30-year-old company, our client is seeking an experienced Commercial Glass Draftsman to join its team.
They specialize in up-scale commercial building projects including corporate office buildings, education facilities (K-12 and Universities), hospitals & medical offices, as well as, large/major retail stores/single unit locations
Job is 1 hour from DC, and Richmond.
- Produce/draw shop drawings for commercial contract glazing components for its following systems:
- Aluminum framing curtainwall
- Storefront & entrance systems
- Operable windows
- Exterior ACM panel systems & sunshades
- Various other industry associated products
- Utilize AutoCAD software of choice and draw presentation submittals, shop drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Create a bill of materials for creating Purchase Orders is a Plus
- Read Architectural Plans and specifications
- Able to efficiently make optimized material stock length cut lists is a PLUS
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, & Outlook, & AutoCAD. Additional working knowledge of Partner Pak, Glaziers Studio, GDS, software is a PLUS
- Responsible for analyzing assigned architectural drawings & specifications, creating AutoCAD Shop Drawings for project submittals
- Make material take-offs, gather vendor quotations that turn into purchase orders, formulate job budgets and assemble shop & field work orders. This will include calculating labor projections from in-house formulas, and fully assembling job project overall budgets
- Work closely with staff. (Field Operations Manager, Shop Staff, Project Managers, Estimators and Sales).
- Position requires you to be on site at the company HQ at all times.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within Commercial Contracts
- Familiar with AutoCAD software
- Be able to provide at least 2 samples of shop drawings during the interview process.
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus (based on job profitability).
- Company Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life
- Total of 20 days off 1st year
- 401K Matching