EHS MANAGER (ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY)
|Greenville, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
|Bonus target 15%
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a multinational, publicly traded Food and Beverage company has an immediate need for an EHS Manager for their Greenville North Carolina plant. They are looking for a change agent to move the site's compliance performance to world-class.
By submitting your confidential resume to us, we will immediately contact you should you meet our client’s requirements. We are a team of seasoned recruiters specializing in placing Chemical, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers in the Chemical Process Industry and Environmental, Health, Safety and Human Resource Professionals for all Industries and we look forward to hearing from you.
- Develops/implements policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Manages daily activities among employees to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants E&SH Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts regular safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs.
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP, NPDES, Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
- B.S. degree in Safety Management, Environmental Health, or directly related EHS field.
- 3+ years of progressive EHS experience (food industry a plus).
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations: OSHA, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hazard communications, accident investigation, and training methods
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice with PSM & RMP, preferred
- Prior programs management/supervisory experience is desired
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree