|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Fortune 500 Heavy Industrial Manufacturing Co. making commercial & industrial transportation equipment parts onsite at a small complex plant with excellent benefits!
EHS Facilities Manager located by Chicago Midway Airport (20 mins from the Indiana state border & 20 minutes south of Chicago) in an industrial manufacturing plant (fabricating small parts/castings, forgings, metal stampings) producing gears, brakes for commercial & industrial heavy transportation equipment. Plant has appx 60 employees will lead 2-3 direct reports in facilities maintenance. Responsible for providing an active leadership and support role throughout the facility to implement and continuously improve HSE initiatives, facilities care and maintenance. Excellent Benefits with a Fortune 500 Manufacturing Co. Relocation lump sum available to ensure a reasonable commute. This is a one shift Monday through Friday operation.
This leadership role requires engaging employees at all levels to be in full support of a strong culture for Safety and achieving zero accidents every day. The Manager ensures all equipment is cared for to implement and manage TPM programs that results in production efficiencies in support of achieving established metrics. Facilities care requires timely repairs or upgrades to ensure a safe, presentable environment for visitors and employees. The Environmental Health Safety Facilities Manager will be an active participant in Lean events and an active contributor to sustaining 5S throughout the facilities. A whole systems approach is required to contribute to the efficiency of the organization.
- The leader is required to continuously improve an HSE management system that ensures controls and compliance on external Federal, State and Local regulations and strategic internal requirements.
- Ensures all aspects for environmental compliance are met with timely, accurate completion.
- Demonstrates an unrelenting leadership role having a bias for action in support of zero accidents. Support this effort by managing the Safety Committee and sub-committees. Be visible and accessible to all employees. Ensures the buildings and grounds are safe and presentable at all times. All work requiring permits is compliant with State and Local regulations and completes annual testing on the facility’s systems. Make upgrades to safe guard employees, equipment, processes and the property a continuous effort.
- Forecast and manages property repair and equipment maintenance expenses to budget.
- Schedules and employs TPM methods to mitigate unplanned downtime on production equipment, reduce life cycle costs and extend the life of equipment. Qualify and implement methods to measure and track improvements.
- Participates in several Kaizen activities per year. Lead and develop staff to improve their abilities that will add value to their jobs and the company, keeping turnover to a minimum.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to ensure proper support to the organization is achieved at the best price.
- Must keep the First Responders team up to date on first aid and lifesaving practices. Mock trials for events will be scheduled to expand on lessons learned and improve responsiveness.
- Is a reliable, trustworthy member of the management team in full support of the Company goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 10 Ten years related EHS & Facilities experience in a heavy industrial assembly & fabrication manufacturing environment (castings, forgings, metal stampings)
- 3+ years Management experience over direct reports in Safety, Health, Environmental & plant Facilities Maintenance.
- TPM LEAN Six Sigma Continuous Improvement related experience (exp leading Kaizen events a +)
- Mathematical and Statistical Knowledge
- Ability to achieve Forklift Certification & 30-hour OSHA Certification, First Aid/AED
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree