|Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% bonus full relocation
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
EHS Manager for a World Class Consumer Package Goods (CPG) manufacturer to lead a safety team and drive environmental health and safety performance in Salt Lake City, Utah. Plant has is non-union with 120 employees with high speed production lines. This position has no direct reports. Excellent benefits and will pay for full relocation!
- Develop, implement, and drive cost-effective compliance training, and regulatory safety and environmental programs.
- Develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company. Implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems.
- Conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits). Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Manager and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Oversee all EHS training programs and requirements.
- Investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents.
- Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics.
- Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
- Build proactive safety culture at plant. Create environment where employees and supervision are engaged in working safely.
- Prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards.
- Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices. Serve as the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Safety, Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field a plus
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations, Utah state requirements is a plus.
- Must have 7+ years of plant and manufacturing experience
- Exposure to HACCP, SQF, GMP, FDA or USDA regulations a plus, not required
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- EHS Management experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Creates alignment
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
- Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree