|Tampa, Florida - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|bonus and benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Leading company in the adhesives/coatings/sealants industry growing through acquisition. Opportunity for continued growth and development. Be a change manager. Establish best practices. Make an impact!
The EHS Manager will have facility oversight and lead the development and implementation of EHS management systems for this coatings/adhesives/sealants manufacturer at their sites in Tampa, FL and Lynchburg, VA.
The EHS Site Manager will be a member of the plant leadership teams and assist in implementing process safety, occupational safety, employee health, industrial hygiene, behavior-based safety and environmental compliance programs. The EHS Site Manager will work closely with the EHS Team across the organization to ensure all products and manufacturing activities comply with internal Company EHS Standards and applicable regulatory requirements such as OSHA PSM, EPA, RMP, Toxic Substance Control Act, EPA, FIFRA, etc. This position reports to the EHS Regional Manager.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Change agent. Champion efforts to proactively address EHS related issues through safety observations, near miss reporting, hazard identification reporting, risk assessments and facility inspections.
- Lead relentless EHS improvement efforts across facilities through coaching, coalition building and engagement in the EHS process.
- Focused efforts in driving housekeeping (5S), hazard recognition, risk assessment and compliance improvements.
- Partners with the site leaders, stakeholders (employees, vendors, contractors, etc) and the Company EHS Team, to ensure EHS policies, procedures and initiatives provide safe and efficient work environments.
- Ensure that all EHS management systems and guidelines remain up to date and compliant. Responsible for monitoring and updating programs as appropriate.
- Maintain EHS compliance and timely reporting (e.g. permits, licenses, and maintaining appropriate records) for federal, state and local laws and applicable agency regulations.
- Develop, schedule and execute and track employee EHS training, including but not limited to New Employee Orientation, temporary employee onboarding, lockout/tagout, ermergency response, confined space entry, PPE, etc.
- Responsible for administering the Safety Investigation Program - documenting and leading all accident/incident investigations, injuries/complaints concerning hazards in the workplace; ensure that root causes of near misses and incidents are identified.
- Work with plant leadership to integrate facilities into the Company EHS management systems
- Develop/adopt and implement best in class EHS practices and systems
- Participate as a team player and willing to assume additional tasks/responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Safety, Health, Environment or related field preferred
- 4-8 years EHS experience in chemical manufacturing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (written and oral) with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in writing and executing EHS programs
- Professional certification as a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or equivalent environmental certification preferred
- Must be able to multi-task effectively, close the loop, and follow specific instructions (work instructions, procedures, etc)
- Ability to remain calm/collected and assume leadership role in emergency and/or hazardous situations
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, good judgement, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated success in a team environment in achieving high performance and goal objectives
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook proficiency
- Aptitude to use other databases and computer and software as needed
- Bilingual is a plus - Spanish
Although this role will be located in Tampa, FL, this position will be required to spend significant time in Lynchburg, VA for the first 6-9 months of employment
Travel could be up to 50% of the time
Potential travel for foreign travel exists (Canada, Mexico, UK, the Netherlands) so a valid passport is needed
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree