|Elyria, Ohio - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Very hands on! Great opportunity to gain knowledge as entry level!
Stand alone location so corporate office is right there! Decisions made locally!
Company has lots of growth underway!
Responsible and accountable for steering the environmental, health and safety initiatives in support of business requirements. Ensure environmental and safety compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Drive continuous improvement initiatives within environmental, health, safety and associated areas. Ownership of safety training activity for new hires and annual training requirements for all areas of the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental federal, state and local regulations.
- Drive incident/accident free work place initiative through education, training, coaching and other efforts to create a culture of ownership for safety within the workforce.
- Review, investigate and take corrective action on all accidents and incidents (near miss, recordable incidents, non-recordable incidents, property damage).
- Create and maintain plant-wide safety and accident prevention metrics.
- Assist with workers' compensation reporting requirements.
- Conduct facility wide audits/inspections in areas of compliance
- Perform inspections as required to ensure compliance with all regulatory permits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental and Occupational Science.
(An Associate’s degree in a related field will be considered in relation to applicable work experience.)
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
- Background and understanding of Behavior Based Safety programs
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to address incidents that take place (first aid, incident investigation, corrective actions)
- Ability to work among and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Gathers and analyzes data skillfully
- Prioritizes and plans work efficiently
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree