|Syracuse, New York - United States
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
THIS IS GREAT OPPORTUNITY for an experienced ETL Developer who wants to grow!
Large IT department means high visibility and recognition for outstanding work
Organization invests in new technologies, and training for their people
VP of IT Department is a visionary and has driven the department to constant improvement and smart growth
On this team, you will contribute to solutions that enable business insight, enterprise reporting and third party data integration.
You will develop high performance solutions that meet batch, near real time and change-data-capture process requirements.
You will play a critical role in establishing enterprise-wide governance and utilization of data as an asset.
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Stay current with technology trends and apply this knowledge to propel business success
- Develop within a hybrid-cloud-based data-processing architecture to integrate data with third-parties.
- Build data pipelines to integrate disparate data sources in a central data warehouse to support business applications and analytics
- Build new data driven capabilities in support of internal initiatives and business requirements
- Develop integration solutions that fit within the larger data integration strategy or initiative
- Optimize current processes in order to meet revised service level objectives
- Determining how to import and transform data to fit the new data architecture
- Work with DBAs and data administrators to determine how to meet SLAs defined with the business
- Help to enable team success through fostering a positive work environment
- A good attitude and the energy to match
- Minimum of three years development experience in ETL
- Minimum of three years development experience with relational databases
- Minimum of five years experience with software development
- Experience working with SSIS or a similar ETL too
Strong understanding of database management systems (e.g. Oracle/Sql Server)
- Understanding of Change Data Capture
- Understanding of Star Schemas, Dimensioning Data, Data Warehouse Architecture
- Performance tuning
- Experience working with cloud architecture and services (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with encryption, authentication, SASL and SSL security
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree