|Greenville, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
|bonus target 15%
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Multinational, publicly traded Food and Beverage company has an immediate need for an EHS Manager for their Greenville NC area plant. They are looking for a change agent to move the site's compliance performance to world-class.
- Develops/implements policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Manages daily activities among employees to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants E&SH Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts regular safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs.
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP, NPDES, Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
- B.S. degree in Safety Management, Environmental Health, or related field.
- 3+ years of progressive E&SH experience; Food industry a plus
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations: OSHA, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hazard communications, accident investigation, and training methods
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice with PSM & RMP, preferred
- Prior programs management/supervisory experience is desired
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree