Electric Transmission Engineer
|Marietta, Georgia - United States
contact recruiter for details
|bonus and benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing consulting company that focuses on electric utilities
Low cost of living near the bustling city of Atlanta
Opportunities for advancement
Our client in Marietta GA has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer in the Transmission Department. Seeking someone with two years of experience. The main responsibilities are:
- Conduct transmission system studies, economic analyses to ensure that regional plans and client facilities are properly represented.
- Simulate impacts of transmission and generation options on client load, generation and transmission rights portfolios using power flow and production costing tools.
- Assist with NERC Standards relative to transmission system modeling and planning, review client evidence for compliance and make recommendations for changes in policies and guidelines.
- Develop strategies and processes to identify and evaluate transmission expansion opportunities to reduce congestion and improve the competitive position of our clients
- Assist with model development to support use of production costing tools in market analysis
- Create analytic tools to support client regulatory filings at state utility commissions and FERC
- Support interface to RTO/ISO markets through the registration, qualification of generation and transmission assets, represent client to market activities
Potential to work remotely 1-2 days per week.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering ideal)
- Two years of relevant work experience including System modeling and software tools such as PSS/E, PowerWorld, or Power Gem TARA.
- Domestic travel: about 15%-20%
- Must have Green Card or US Citizenship.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree