This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Electrical Engineer II|
|Job Location:||Statesville, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
To create and maintain engineered designs of assigned products, systems or components to be competitive in function, manufacturing, and marketability. Assists other engineers, senior member, supervisor, or manager on projects including program plans, specifications, design, analysis, prototype, testing, evaluation, pre-production, production, maintenance of the product thereafter, and special engineered sales orders.
Role & Responsibility
• Key engineer for engineering project. Lead and coordinate activities of team members consisting of engineers, designers, detailers, technicians.
• Continued development of CAD skills and knowledge of company systems.
• Create, modify and maintain the engineering design of assigned product systems and components.
• Make feasibility studies for new products or product changes as directed.
• Work with other departmental functions (service, production, tooling, marketing, dealers, etc.) in completion of assigned projects.
• Investigate the effects of approval and use of out of specification or substitute materials or parts.
• Write, direct, and analyze results of tests on prototypes and production machines.
• Investigate customer complaints, concerns and requests.
• Oversee and give direction to other product design personnel in completion of assigned designs.
• Determine and apply new techniques, materials and procedures beneficial to assigned product designs.
• Participate and assist in planning product specifications.
• Provide all technical input for product literature, decal, technical manual, etc.
• Assist in developing specifications, program plans, milestones, major reviews, schedule, etc.
• Work closely with suppliers in all technical matters. Maintain contact throughout the project.
• Identify areas requiring analysis. Follow good engineering practices and develop practical solutions.
• Identify multiple candidate solutions, perform trade off studies and select optimum solution.
• Provide electrical technical input for product literature, decal, technical manual, etc.
• Work with electrical systems including: AC and DC circuits, engine starting and stopping circuits, battery charging, machine protective systems, lighting systems, mobile/stationary power generators and controls, interface with safety regulatory agencies (example: CE mark, UL, CSA, EMI/EMC), extreme environment equipment applications, and instrumentation for engine driven systems.
• Design, develop, and apply electronic control systems and control modules/hardware to machines.
• Design monitoring/controlling systems using devices such as temperature, pressure, level, and RPM sensors.
• Create and document processes that pertain to Electrical System Development.
• Work with various systems such as J1939 CAN network, various engine interface protocols, RS485, RS232 and Ethernet wired systems and basic operational knowledge of wireless data communications systems.
• Ability to perform analysis of ratings on electrical designs, electronic devices, circuits, and systems to qualify component selection and validate designs.
• Engineering-Electrical - Bachelor’s Degree
• 2>5 years of experience
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Formulate plans of action with minimal review by supervisor.
• Proficient at Pro-Engineer and/or other computer engineering tools.
• Review CAD models and design drawings.
• Use of standard computer programs for written communications. (E.g. MS word, power point, excel etc.)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in the operation of off-highway equipment is desirable.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• < 10% travel
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree