Electrical Engineer (Product Design)
|Lincolnton, North Carolina - United States
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with product design experience to help design and maintain superior products. This candidate will apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products for cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Follow SOP practices to analyze, evaluate, source and coordinate the procurement of materials needed to construct prototypes and support design engineering of model changes.
- Assembles and tests experimental control devices, switch panels, electronic-hydraulic controls, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams or blueprints and determine from these how to build the circuit or components and then be able to troubleshoot the circuit or components.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks. Solid Works and PDM Works are standard drafting, design packages.
- Design-Generates creative solutions. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management- Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Managing People - Improves processes, products and services.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyzes market and competition. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Follows through on commitments
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Innovation - Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Qualifications/Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience; four or more years' experience in the design and troubleshooting of electro-hydraulic controls and machine control code with on or off-road OEM equipment experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Solid working knowledge of CAD Manufacturing software: Solid Works (preferred) or Pro Engineer, Epicor Inventory software, Epicor Manufacturing software, Machine Control Code (Plus 1 or similar) and Microsoft Officesuite proficiency.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree