|Greensboro, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
|eligible for target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of $9B in 2015 and about 16,200 employees in 29 countries. The company is currently represented at 52 production sites worldwide. The core business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, specialty chemicals and plastics.
We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
As an Electrical Engineer you will:
- Lead the installation, commissioning, and operations of Electrical related projects.
- Troubleshooting/Testing/Debugging and Project Documentation.
- Assist with quoting projects, write specifications, schedules and technical reports.
- Update and interpret PI&D drawings, process diagrams, and loop/wiring schematics.
- Manage portions of projects as assigned (budgeting; other general project management responsibilities) and completely manage small to medium size projects.
- Participate in the Process Hazard Analysis process and ensure reviews are performed in compliance with corporate and regulatory standards, including Management of Change.
- Responsibility for defining/monitoring/assisting in procurement of spare parts for existing equipment/new equipment.
- Responsible to develop and write detailed equipment specifications and maintenance procedures. This person will also assist in training of mechanics and chemical plant operators as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Chemical preferred)
- No less than 5 years of controls engineering experience in specialty chemistry.
- Experience with instrumentation specification; performing electrical design; design manufacturing operating systems from concept to completion; maintenance of instrumentation.
- Must be able to provide leadership to generate options, resolve problems, prioritize solutions, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions.
- Ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and high performance teams with other personnel including operators, technicians, engineers, vendors, contractors, subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic manufacturing safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to chemical manufacturing units.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated decision-making and project management capabilities.
- Adherence to Company attendance and punctuality policies and standards and corporate values.
- Preferred but not mandatory: experience with automation software; Rockwell Automation PLC including Delta V and Factory Talk Suite, previous experience with electronic and PLC circuitry, equipment, processes and programming.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree