|Mobile, Alabama - United States
$75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to apply the skills of scientific and engineering technology to solve mechanical, electrical and electronic issues in the design of new equipment and maintenance of existing equipment. As directed by Engineering Management this position performs a variety of technical tasks. These include but are not limited to the development of new products. These tasks also include designing and developing improvements to existing products. This position also will provide manufacturing and service support to troubleshoot or provide technical information for all products.
- Carry out assignments pertaining to new or existing products. These assignments will include but are not limited to research, design and development of components, parts, or changes required by new or existing products.
- Assignments to this position will be varied and challenging. They will involve a level of responsibility to insure they are completed on time and with the desired results. They will also involve ingenuity and originality to overcome technical challenges.
- Coordinate and expedite the implementation of new releases or changes while ensuring design requirements are maintained.
- When appropriate, direct and supervise drafting personnel as needed.
- When appropriate, generate CAD drawings as needed using CAD system provided for task.
- When appropriate, generate Bills of Material as needed using system provided for task.
- Develop, plan and perform tests to insure reliable designs and products that meet all project objectives. Document all designs, work and tests for future reference.
- Provide training and technical assistance to others as needed.
- Develop comprehensive written instructions for manufacturing process and service requirements.
- Write comprehensive instruction manuals for new and existing products.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Electro-mechanical experience is preferred.
- Experience in the compressed air industry or engineering electrical controls for mechanical product similar in function/ complexity is required
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good Knowledge of Electrical Control Panel design.
- Good knowledge of electrical motor design.
- Knowledge of CAD.
- Project Management skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of compressor operation is a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree