|Job Location:||Snyder, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Worldwide|
Electrical Engineer in Snyder, NE. Company will offer relocation assistance.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This individual will be responsible for the electrical design of custom fire apparatus. Tasks include drawing schematics and harnesses, creating manual content as well as operational and troubleshooting guides for customer and shop associates to meet our production schedule. This individual must have the ability to interface with all levels of a manufacturing organization, and have a proven track record as a designer. As part of a multi-disciplinary team this designer will produce designs that meet cost, quality, reliability, performance, and serviceability targets.
Required engineering skills include both analytical and "hands-on" abilities. Additional skill areas include creative design, cross-functional teamwork, working with suppliers and manufacturing. Emergency vehicle design experience and strong working knowledge of engines, chassis, pumps and other mechanical systems is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflect the essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned based upon changing business conditions.
• Produce engineering documentation such as schematic drawings, harness drawings, design manual content, and operation and troubleshooting guides.
• Designing 120/240VAC systems.
• Designing 12V automotive systems controlled by programmable nodes.
• Develop engineering bills of materials that are complete, accurate, and on-time
• Process approved engineering change requests.
• Coordinate design requirements, application reviews, and engineering releases with selected suppliers.
• Develop test requirements and coordinate component and system testing, including analysis results and participation in the testing, as required.
• Identify and implement design improvement projects directed at reducing cost and improving product performance
• Complete complex circuit analysis for responsible systems.
• Provide support to Company Emergency Response production and customer service, apparatus companies and end-user mechanics for apparatus electrical systems.
• May represent Company Emergency Response at industry and technical forums.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering with background in complex machine or vehicle product design.
• At least 2 years’ experience in product and system development.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability in bringing engineering projects to completion, on time and within budget.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic, motivated, team player.
• Thorough understanding of the production operations and design integration.
• CAD experience with emphasis on 2D drawings.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree