|Starkville, Mississippi - United States
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Manage all activities of the Electronics Department, provide the Electronics and craft services required for the safe and efficient operations of facility. Take timely and effective actions to ensure that the area under responsibility meets or exceeds goals as required to meet objectives. Prepare period cost and capital project budgets. Administer all utility budgets and control electrical usages/projects. Direct environmental controls and permits. Responsible for preventive electronics and equipment set-up. Interface regularly with plant management personnel, all supervisors, hourly workforce, office employees, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Direct and control to ensure:the completion of scheduled construction projects; the efficient operation of facility services including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, compressed air, boilers, etc.; the electronics maintenance and repair of equipment in a manner both safe and efficient; the establishment of adequate records covering equipment, buildings and grounds and maintaining same.
- Ensures the execution of planned electronics maintenance, calibration, repairs and installation.
- Prepare and control department operating budget and plant utilities budget.Direct and purchase all electronic and project equipment and supplies.
- Work with production departments to provide prompt solutions and consultation on electronic related problems.
- Work with area managers to establish and maintain electronic standards including an adequate safety program.
- Prepare capital budget for electronic and utility projects.Execute justification and project completion.Provide engineering design and specification for capital projects.
- Arrange for the procurement of outside contractors to carry out specific electronic and repair assignments.
- Ability to work effectively with other members of the organization and demand similar conduct of subordinates.
- Provide for an environment within area for effective motivation and development of subordinates. Work to achieve and maintain same environment throughout the division.
- Ensure that the performance of responsibilities is such that product quality, quantity, delivery and cost objectives of the division are met.
- Communicate changes in process and/or relevant documentation, as they occur, to all affected employees. Document all training/qualifications for all direct reports as required.
- Direct training programs for new equipment.
- Responsible for all technical functions related to design, drafting, calculation, specifications, planning, purchasing of equipment, facilities and systems.
- Responsible for all preventive and corrective electronic functions, security and plant emergency and safety procedures and policies.
- Responsible for sourcing and standardization of spare parts for major production equipment.
- Assist engineering personnel with the development, modification, installation and start-up of new or existing equipment.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering
5-7 years of experience in electronic repair, maintenance, calibration, installation and troubleshooting in an industrial environment. Expeirnece with PLC's AC/DC drives
Must be able to deal with anything from a controls standpoint that affects plant operations.
Must be able to communicate ideas and requirements with the plant engineer in order to maintain a parallel approach with plant needs.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree