This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Electrical Engineer, BSSE|
|Job Location:||Windsor, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Join a passionate team! Looking to fill a Specialist Engineer Electrical position located in Windsor, CT. Apply within! Great time to join this expanding company.
The Specialist Engineer - Electrical is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design of Industrial and Military Ground Support Equipment. This position includes system design and system architecture development, electrical control system design and development, control software definition, programming, documentation and development. A successful Electrical Engineer will be able to communicate technical issues effectively with all levels of management, control and coordinate schedules for self and others, and convert complex mechanical systems to continuous, linear control algorithms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
• Definition of System Design and Architecture for new product development
• Control system design and development using appropriate control system theory
• Selection and application of electromechanical devices such as generators, diesel engines, motors and their controls
• Creation and maintenance of electrical documentation, including wiring schematics and diagrams, bills of materials, test plans and equipment manuals
• Project Management to an approved project schedule by coordinating closely with Production, Purchasing and Test Personnel
• Cost Control to Design to Cost (DTC) objectives through proper component selection and coordination with purchasing personnel
• Other assignments as designated by immediate and/or higher supervisor/s
• ISO 9001: establish standards, procedures and other documents in accordance with ISO 9001.
• Maintain the currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows are needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proven experience with Industrial type equipment design.
• Familiarity with design of diesel engine driven generator, familiar with application of electrical motors or other electro-mechanical devices.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of industrial electrical devices and controls; automotive electrical devices and controls; electrical wiring similar to the automotive or industrial type.
• Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• PLC programming skills, designing of sheet metal and structural steel enclosures.
• SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience preferred.
• Completed a 4-year program in Electrical Engineering.