Electrical Engineer, Controls
|Waynesboro, Georgia - United States
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity 2 hours from Atlanta
The Controls Engineer will support the plant’s process controls systems, including the network, PLC controlled machines, and data historian. They will troubleshoot machine controls issues, optimize machine logic, and install new machines.
- Supporting Safety and Environmental initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital jobs.
- Support existing automation and implement new machine automation
- Support the OT network; work with IT and controls to establish and maintain communication.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, production rates, and production costs.
- Developing equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Work in a team environment to support plant operations and capital projects.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to recurring issues.
- Participate in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement
- 1+ years of related experience required; discrete manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, communication skills including leading group meetings, multi-tasking, and use of problem-solving tools.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiar with PLC’s, ladder logic, structured text, PID loops, or similar required.
- On-call production support as needed.
- Knowledge of machine controls, sensors, I/O, drives, and instrumentation required/preferred
- Experience with industrial automation and vision programming preferred
- Knowledge of Operational Technology (OT) Networks preferred
- Experience with OSIsoft PI data historian preferred
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Possesses basic oral and written communication skills
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- This position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree