This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Electrical Engineering Manager (Corporate)|
|Job Location:||Chicago, Illinois - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Fortune 500 Company and Industry Leader is seeking a Senior Manager of Electrical Engineering. This individual will be a key member of the Corporate Engineering Department and be the company's Subject Matter Expert for electrical engineering issue's. This involves electrical power generation and power distribution systems, electrical equipment optimization and troubleshooting, review of proposed projects and direct support during major project implementation. Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide electrical engineering and technical expertise to ensure the safe and reliable operation of electric power systems in food manufacturing and processing facilities worldwide. This includes electrical power distribution systems, design, optimization, troubleshooting, specification and selection of equipment, consulting on safety, risk assessment, maintenance, testing and utilities.
• Provide electrical engineering and project management expertise to support local project engineering teams, so as to ensure that the stated safety, quality, reliability, schedule and budget objectives are met.
• Provide consulting and troubleshooting expertise to solve complex technical electrical problems in support of the business needs of the manufacturing facilities.
• Provide support to the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHSS) Department regarding worldwide electrical issues, including electrical safety, hazardous area classification and electrical installations.
• Lead technical resources in the execution of power system studies for existing and proposed facilities, to optimize electrical system reliability and personnel safety. This includes equipment reliability, load demand, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, arc flash hazard studies, transient stability and harmonic analysis.
• Provide support for development and maintenance of Corporate Engineering electrical standards and specifications.
• Provide technical support in collaboration with taskforce teams to promote manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement.
• Provide mentorship, coaching and training to other Electrical Engineers in the organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
• BS in Electrical Engineering. An MS in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
• A minimum of 12 years of experience in related roles, including experience working in manufacturing and/or electrical utilities or power generation operating plants.
• Significant knowledge of electric power generation and distribution systems and electrical engineering design.
• Ability to perform and interpret results of power system studies including reliability analysis, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination and arc flash hazard.
• Experience in solving electrical system problems involving complicated protective relaying systems, generator controls, and electrical equipment such as circuit breakers, variable frequency drives, and uninterruptible power supplies.
• Experience with 34kv and up. High voltage equipment experience a plus and switchyard facilities.
• Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including: OSHA, ANSI, IEEE, NEC, NFPA, NEMA, and IEC.
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time on the job, including international locations.
• Fluency in English required. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree