Electrical & Instrument Reliability Engineer
|El Dorado, Arkansas - United States
$70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global specialty chemicals company operating in 19 countries with approximately 19,000 employees, growing through recent acquisitions. The Company offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. They consider their employees, “Our greatest resource”!
An opening exists at their Bromine production facilities in southern Arkansas for an E & I Reliability Engineer. These three plant facilities have approximately 450 employees and operate as a Responsible Care facility. This beautiful, outdoor environment offers a community of friendly people with true southern hospitality. The community of approximately 18,000 people, has a small community college, a hospital, shopping amenities, and only a couple of hours drive from Little Rock, AR or Bossier City, LA. Most people who work at these facilities live within an hour of the plant sites.
- Responsible for the required plant reliability of the assigned section as well as the long term preservation of the plant regarding instrumentation, automation and electrical.
- Preparation of the scheduled maintenance activities and support of the determination of periodic functional testing activities together with the Reliability Manager and the Plant Management (safety relevant functions).
- Generation of the work processing sheets, initiation and tracking of the periodic functional testing.
- Execution of the required testing and checks to ensure the technical compliance.
- Independent project handling as demanded by the project manager PCT.
- Collaboration with the PCT-Experts (CCPCT), external professional groups and institutions, such as ISA (Instrument Society of American, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers), and internal PCT group.
- Customer and controlling role at the interface to internal and external service providers.
- Support of the evaluation and implementation of suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor daily unit performance; assist in troubleshooting of problems and identify improvement opportunities (safety, quality, productivity, reliability).
- Participate in unit Quality Improvement and Safety Teams.
- Direct PCT activities to maintain unit operations. Close coordination and good communications with the operating departments is required in all phases.
- Work with operations on all aspects of improvement of existing and development of new processes.
- Work with production and other groups on all aspects of capital planning and development of new processes.
- Provide technical assistance, process development and designs to Plant Engineering for project work.
- Initiate, justify and execute capital projects.
- Monitor capital work during the construction phase for adherence to design, completeness, and quality of workmanship.
- Communicate with those performing field work to ensure work is being done as planned.
- Monitor costs versus budget on an ongoing basis for all assigned capital projects
- Adhere to timelines for milestones and completion of projects.
- Documentation- Coordinate the keeping of P&IDs, PCT documentation (e.g. equipment specifications, loop drawings) and other technical documentation compliant to the PCT regulations.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis A3/A4 revalidations.
- Responsible for PCT aspects of the PHA and implementing resulting corrections.
- The position of E&I Plant Reliability Engineer requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in an chemical plant.
- Must be able to work effectively on teams, communicate clearly to all levels of the organization, work multiple tasks concurrently, and provide leadership in areas of safety, operations and engineering.
- Requires a sound working knowledge of the maintenance and engineering of field instrumentation/electrical devices, analog and digital controls, distributed and computer controlled systems and programmable logic controllers.
- The incumbent must also have a working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office software.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree