Electrical / Instrumentation Controls Engineer
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Excellent benefits & paid relo
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our growing client is SUCCESSION PLANNING and seeking a key contributor for a high profile role. You will be working with a dynamic group of engineers for a rapidly growing Chemical Manufacturer. Must have a strong work ethic, higher personal performance standards and an intrinsic drive to achieve excellence.
- Analyze plant processes, design and implementation improvements
- Experience with programming skills in a DCS (Delta-V) and a PLC (Allen Bradley) control language
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware and processes
- Fault analysis of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits of 120V to 480V 3- phase
- Ensure compliance with company EHS, OSHA, PSM and MOC Documentation
- Assist on developing Capital Projects related to controls and power systems
- Fault analysis of PLC based systems with control logic modification
- Design new control circuits, modifications of existing instrumentation and electrical systems
- Provide support to Instrument and Electrical Technicians that are beyond their capabilities
- Serve as back-up to the Plant Controls Engineer for Capital Projects and control systems
- Act as the primary contact for small electrical/instrumentation expense projects and electrical contractors
- Support the daily planning functions by assisting with parts identifications and job scopes for electrical and instrumentation needs
- Assist in scoping, costing and managing controls systems.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree
- At least 2 years of experience of Electrical, Instrumentation and/or Controls experience
- Experience with Motor Control Logic
- Knowledge of PSM, MOC and ISA Standards
- Familiar with installation and setup of Variable Frequency Drives and Soft Starters
- Proficient with Programmable Logic Controller Programming
- Experience with electrical panel design
- Ability to read blueprints
- Prefers experience with Allen Bradley (SLC 500, PLC 5 and / or Control Logix)
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH DELTA V (Emerson).
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree