Electrical and Instrumentation Design Specialist
|Saint Louis, Missouri - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity with a global company that has a strong history of innovation and an excellent work/life balance and traditionally low turnover. Seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Design Specialist for their manufacturing facility located in Saint Louis, Missouri. Very competitive salary and benefits. Local candidates preferred. May offer assistance to candidates in the region.
- Provide conceptual input to projects during the planning stages
- Prepare equipment, instrumentation, and other electrical specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Provide technical assistance commissioning and startup of capital projects
- Design modifications of new and existing control systems, instrumentation, and power systems.
- Provide I/E discipline leadership for assigned projects.
- Provide technical support, clarification and interpretation of task, code and standards requirements for all I/E design and drafting activities.
- Reviews assigned projects discipline deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and compliance
- Prepare project scope documents and installation standards.
- Providing estimates for engineering work.
- Reviewing and approving vendor documents
- Performing installation cost estimates.
- Providing construction support during installation and inspect completed installations to ensure compliance with safety standards
- Assist in developing budgets, estimating labor, material, and constructions costs
- Produce basic design engineering, IFA, and IFC packages
- Ensure instrumentation design work is performed in accordance with technical standards, methods, procedures, and practices
- Provide electrical design (FEL and detail) for maintenance and capital projects
- Establishes design criteria for assigned projects.
- Supports field work duties as required by project and routinely leads the field checkout work as required
- Recommend repairs or adjustments to Electrical or Instrumentation systems per requests from Maintenance
- Design and improve Electrical and Instrumentation systems to improve safety, reliability or general operations
- Develop and improve new and existing engineering design standards and procedures
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 8 years experience overall and 4+ years in a manufacturing or engineering environment (Electrical & Instrumentation Design)
- Able to do basic design engineering, IFA, and IFC packages as well as the electrical design for capital projects (FEL)
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design concepts with minimal input from Engineer
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills as well as excellent communication skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with other design software applications
- Good working knowledge of National Electrical Codes
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years