Embedded Software Architect
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$120,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position will give you the opportunity to be a key voice in the development of advanced vehicle technologies key to the industry's future. In this role, you will be responsible for embedded software architecture, design and development for Restraint Control and Sensing (RCS) ECU software projects
Our client in Southfield, MI is looking for an Embedded Software Architect to work on the development of cutting-edge ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. This position will give you the opportunity to be a key voice in the development of advanced vehicle technologies key to the industry's future. In this role, you will be responsible for embedded software architecture, design and development for Restraint Control and Sensing (RCS) ECU software projects. If you possesses strong programming skills in the C language, Real Time Operating Systems, software design methodologies and good understanding of assembly languages. and if you've headed up embedded development from the component to the systems-level, this could be a great match for you.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Architect:
- Develop software architecture for multicore microcontroller and SoC based RADAR ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience developing embedded software for the automotive industry (GM experience a plus)
- Experience at the architect-level, or a similar position with total product design oversight, where you've worked on the development of a total software system, not just components
- If you have experience in safety systems, it isn't required to have already been an architect, just someone ready to move into that role.
- Experience with architecture tools, with Enterprise Architect preferred
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers (Infineon Aurix a plus)
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet etc.)
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, RT Linux, OSEK, etc.) and Bootloader
- Working knowledge of ASPICE/CMMI process.
- Experience with UML design tools is a plus.
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree