Embedded Software Design Engineer
|Huntsville, Alabama - United States
$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An Embedded Software Design Engineer is required to play a vital role developing software and firmware for embedded Single Board Computer products for our client in Huntsville, AL. This client is highly motivated, with a proven record of success in development of off-the-shelf products for the defense and science industries. In this role, you will develop, implement and validate embedded software components such as firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and I/O fabric framework. You will also produce and support high-quality products to exacting software engineering standards for demanding customers.. If you have all the qualities stated, then this is a great opportunity to build on existing skills and guide an excellent team to developing the best products in its class.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Design Engineer:
- Will be responsible to produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for use with VxWorks 7, and the later versions of VxWorks 6.9.
- Ability to perform customer support and ensure the customer satisfaction and resulting in the production of maintenance releases.
- Should be able to work on software migration to support new versions of the VxWorks OS.
- Create key expertise and drive best practice within the VxWorks development team.
- Connect and communicate the development status to key stakeholders professionally.
- Possess ability to manage internal documentation for assigned tasks reliable with engineering procedures
- Create draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by Tech Publications group
- Contribute in constant improvement and enhancement of Software Development Processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent degree or any relevant degree is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of involvement in embedded software development.
- Strong background with VxWorks.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
- Past experience of working on Continuous Integration / Deployment is required.
- Strong knowledge of modern computer architectures
- Familiarity with BIOS/UEFI development is a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree