Embedded Software Engineer - Electrical Systems
|Dulles, Virginia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will participates in a team environment to design, implement, integrate, and test embedded software and systems for commercial and military products. The position requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. This includes development of firmware and software for embedded systems while working closely with a focused, multi-disciplinary team of engineers. The ideal candidate will be proactive in identifying and solving tough engineering challenges and focused on delivering high-performance, mission-critical products. Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance to be considered for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and test embedded software and systems for commercial and military products
- Development and management of software and system requirements and design documentation
- Produce project technical documentation required to meet internal, customer, and/or contractual requirements
- Support all aspects of prototype debug, testing and demonstration
- Support of product pre-production documentation and delivery
- Assist in transitioning products to recurring production environment
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent required
- 5-15 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree with 8 years of experience (6 or more years with real-time embedded systems)
- Experience in MIL-STD-498 and/or DO-178B/C in CMMI level 3+ Safety Critical development environment
- Experience developing and maintaining software and system requirements and design documentation
- Extensive C/C++ experience including Object-Oriented Design in a real-time environment
- Experience developing software in a Linux-based environment
- Experience with software management tools (e.g., Git, Synergy)
- Must have excellent documentation and writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Software Development models
- Ability to convert complex MatLab Simulink functions into real-time executable code in product applications
- Design experience in a secondary discipline such as analog or digital design, signal processing, DSP development
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Network programming; UI development (e.g., QT/QML/OpenGL); Scripting (Shell, Python, Perl)
- Familiarity with GPS, IMUs and other motion and position measuring devices.
- Ability to write and maintain Linux kernel modules
- Experience in implementation of DOD 8500.1/.2 Information Assurance is desirable
- Proficient with fault-tolerant digital sensor systems used in military and commercial hardware is a plus.
- TCP/IP, UDP, Serial, GPIO
- Experience developing code and programming microcontrollers (PIC)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree