Engineer II / Manufacutring Engineer
|Dubuque, Iowa - United States
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Dubuque Iowa area
Wage: $70k - $100k / year+ full benefits package
A local Northeast Iowa manufacturer is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will lead activities on comprehensive and technically challenging projects. You will develop more and new products for the hiring company’s business while incorporating the customer perspective when developing solutions.
What you get to do:
- In-depth understanding of the business (ex. customer/market segment) and opportunities in each.
- Understands concepts of corporate identity and business needs as applied to projects/assignments
- Analyze and develop complex processes.
- Analyze and recommend engineering or design solutions (Root cause analysis, DOE and other appropriate techniques) to product, process, design, or other technical issues.
- Evaluate impact of proposed product/process changes on other products, materials, strategies, or other technical issues.
- Fully develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying a customer need, and support all viable solutions to arrive at an optimum solution for customers and the corporation.
- Take lead role in developing project/assignment plans involving internal and external resources.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams having broader less defined initial objective and scope.
- Manage and direct project/assignment teams involved in multiple, concurrent and sequential development activities.
- Assign and direct project/assignment personnel to best utilize/develop their skills.
- Develop and evaluate complex designs or concepts for which initial inputs are limited.
- Responsibilities encompass project/assignment initiation through ramp up and post audit.
- Approve documentation completed by others.
- Accountable for all documentation requirements for a functional area
- Coordinate resolution of customer service issues.
- Work with suppliers, specifying and monitoring progress on complex issues.
- Develop and present reports summarizing technical analysis and business case to peer group and management audiences.
- Provide training and assistance on a full range of technical issues to lower level staff on a team and evaluate team member technical skills.
- Effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations.
- Able to solve complex problems with practical solutions.
- Well-developed project management skills.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree