Engineering Manager (Process)
|Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a confidential opening for a Process Engineering Manager for a specialized division of a $1B diversified manufacturer in Woburn, MA area. Contract manufacturer for high volume & mix products in the medical instrumentation, implantable devices, and aerospace/defense space. This company looks for fast-trackers, as the business is growing rapidly through acquisition and customer expansion.
Engineering Manager (Process)
Confidential opening for a Engineering Manager for a specialized division of a $1B diversified manufacturer. Contract manufacturer for high volume & mix products in the medical instrumentation, implantable devices, and aerospace/defense space.
Here are a few key things to note:
- Own Engineering for a $20M site; specialty chemical machining and etching (reports to Plant Manager)
- Fast-paced, ever-changing products & customers, dynamic environment!
- There are 4 other sites within a 20 min drive, so lots of room to climb within the business
- Looking for hands-on, on the floor leader who has strong organization development/leadership skills
- Competitive pay, 15% bonus, good benefits
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls by utilizing Lean manufacturing.
- Collaborates with quality control regarding product tooling, gauging and design to ensure effectual production methods necessary to achieve zero defect, low product cost and standard work.
- Estimates resource requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, fixtures, functional gauges, machinery and other equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Works closely with manufacturing departments to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively.
- Full JD upon request
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Chemical, or similar required
- Acid Etch, Chemical Processing, Anodizing, or similar experience required
- CNC or machining experience a plus
- Minimum 2+ years Supervisory experience
- Strong manufacturing process experience (flow, layout, assembly, equipment)
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T required.
- Lean project experience in cost reduction / process optimization desired
- Process experience (welding, polishing, electro-polish, passivation, assembly) desired
- Proficient in fixture development and tooling optimization
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree