|Baton Rouge, Louisiana - United States
$135,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- The Engineering Manager will lead four engineering groups: Production engineering, Reliability engineering, Project engineering, and Process engineering.
- This role reports directly to the Plant Manager - Acts as the backup to the Plant Manager
- New Position
- ~20 people report - Proc. Eng, Proj Eng, planner, warehouse, inspector, consultants, I&E techs, controls Eng, Sr. Reli
- 10-20+ years Industry xp
- At least 10 years of leadership - growing from maint/reli background
- 7-10+ years with PSM programs, maybe even creating
- CapEX a plus
- Good union experience a plus
- Good rapport building/leadership/communication skills
Other duties as assigned will include:
- Work with production engineers to troubleshoot and resolve equipment and operating problems as well as generate ideas and plans to enhance the performance of the catalyst production (e.g., process, rate, yields and quality improvement through lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts)
- Demonstrate the ability to work with process engineers to identify, develop and lead productivity projects, which improve operation efficiency and reduce operational costs
- Work with the site reliability engineer and corporate reliability group to develop and execute maintenance excellence program
- Oversee the development, management and execution of all site capital projects with project engineer to address issues as identified through daily operation, productivity and reliability program
Primary responsibilities for this position:
- Use engineering principles to improve manufacturing processes that involve the mixing, conversion, heating or reaction of raw materials to improve efficiency of catalyst batches
- Responsible for tracking and reporting development program status for each product cycle times, yields, raw material consumption, waste generation as well as developing and implementing solutions to improve these metrics
- Identify, develop, and implement productivity project to either reduce cost or enhance revenue at the site
- Develop and utilize proactive FMEA to actively address unplanned downtime due to process and/or equipment issues, identify and improve equipment and process vulnerabilities
- Based on process and equipment issues, develop and implement capital projects to address those issues in long term
- Oversee the development and implementation of predictive and preventative maintenance programs and other reliability improvement initiatives at the site
- Prepare and administer engineering department’s daily budget, work with the other department heads and the plant manager to determine a major repair budget and capital budget for continuous improvement at site
- Work closely with the Safety, Environmental and Quality teams to meet site goals
- Responsible for all engineering department safety related matters.
- Provide mentorship and professional development for team members
- Build and maintain a teamwork oriented philosophy and hold team members accountable for their performance
- Provide the necessary individual counseling of employees whose performance does not meet acceptable standards and take appropriate actions.
- Keep current with technological changes that can improve the performance of equipment and promote a safer more efficient work environment
Required Education/Experience/Certifications Required/Sought:
- Degree in Engineering: preferred B.Ch.E., MBA or master degree in engineering preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Plant supervision is required
- Minimal travel less than 5%, some weekend and after hours, work may be required especially during outages for project’s or breakdowns.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel and word
- Experience with SAP and SAP maintenance module preferred but not required
- Experience in managing capital projects and working with both vendors and contractors.
- Be familiar with federal and state safety compliance programs such as lock out tag out, confined space, burning and welding, etc.
- Be familiar with all federal, state and local environmental programs such as Title 5, SPCC, and hazmat, especially prior PSM experience is highly desirable.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree