|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exclusive agreement with our client to identify management and technical talent for their newly constructed and commissioned facility in the Beaumont, TX area.
Our client has recently constructed a world-class methanol production facility in the Beaumont, Texas area. Operating under a joint-venture, this plant will be one of the largest methanol production facilities based on nameplate capacity. Strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast with access to excellent distribution and logistics infrastructure, and with the partnering of their JV infrastructure, our client is destined to succeed in the industry market.
The Engineering Manager will provide effective leadership, instruction, support and guidance as well as operational and strategic direction to the Engineering Department. This position will be required to develop, recommend and implement improvement to production processes, materials, methods and controls.
- Anticipate and develop strategies and project to improve plant reliability and performance based on industry trends and improved technology.
- Review and advise on all modifications that impact the safety and technical integrity of plant and equipment.
- Analyze data on plant performance and make appropriate recommendations for changes in procedures, or plant and equipment modifications to improve efficiency, reliability, reduce safety hazard and lower production costs.
- Contribute to the general management and operation of the assigned division.
- Prepare, review, and issue reports on the performance and activities of the Engineering Department.
- Represent company on technical items that involve third parties such as consultants and clients.
- Provides input and leadership on work prioritization of plant equipment repairs to meet site objectives and goals.
- Provide input regarding Mechanical Integrity from team for fixed, rotating, instrument, and electrical disciplines concerning plant PSM requirements.
- Provide leadership on equipment failure investigations to determine causal affects and make mitigation recommendations.
- Lead team effort for the continuous improvement of equipment reliability through the development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk based maintenance strategies, identification & assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis, and spare parts reviews.
- Oversee team effort on pre-commissioning and commissioning activities that includes witnessing equipment installation, alignment, and initial equipment performance baselines.
- Provide team input on the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Work with maintenance team to develop contact list and relationships for turnaround contractors and repair facilities.
- Provide input on Operation Procedures concerning proper startup and shutdown of equipment.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in a process plant environment, five (5) of which must be a supervisory position.
- Extensive and varied experience in plant operations, commissioning and start-up, and the application of engineering principles in a plant environment.
- Strong analytical, project management, contract management and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree