|Durham, North Carolina - United States
$115,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Fortune 500 Heavy Industrial Manufacturing Co. has an immediate need for an Engineering Manager to establish the culture and standards of a new Maintenance Team in a 500,000 square foot non-union manufacturing plant.
Strong understanding and experience with gypsum wallboard manufacturing processes.
Manager, Engineering will manage a maintenance organization responsible for plant physical properties including building, grounds, machinery and equipment. Provide leadership and lean manufacturing principles effectively leading a maintenance engineering activities in a gypsum wallboard manufacturing plant.
Key participant in plant construction as well as World Class Manufacturing implementation prior to startup
- Responsible for budget preparation, planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
- Directly supervises all maintenance employees using team building, coaching, and teaching skills and knowledge of TPM to lead the PM activities in expansion of lean manufacturing to all areas of the plant.
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Has latitude for non-reviewed actions and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion within established policies and procedures.Must obtain prior approval for significant changes to the approved engineering, budget or maintenance plans.
- Internal contacts involve all plant teams in the coordination and scheduling of plant repairs, equipment modifications or installations; purchasing and accounting personnel on requisitions and capital request data; and corporate engineering on special projects.
- External contacts involve vendors for repair parts and services and outside contractors to obtain bids for new facilities or equipment; and the governmental agencies and insurance representative on fire prevention, safety inspection, environmental issues, etc.
- Significant problem solving situations involve scheduling of preventative and predictive maintenance programs and the installation, modification and /or repair of equipment in a manner which will assure employee safety, minimize production downtime and assure product quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 10+ years professional experience and knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines, such as automated control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety regulations and practices, and professional industrial maintenance experience in 24 hour per-continuous process type environment.
- Experience establishing a team culture and standards
- Knowledge of TPM to lead the PM activities and expansion of lean manufacturing.
- Experience planning, budgeting and completing capital projects.
- Proven Leadership skills in industrial management with 5+ years in a supervisory capacity and a significant background in department or area management.
- Strong people development, teaming, and collaborative decision making skills required.
- Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all organizational levels, adaptability, customer and supplier focus, excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong experience interfacing with vendors and outside contractors as well as governmental agencies and compliance inspectors.
- Strong understanding and experience with gypsum wallboard manufacturing processes.
- Experience with plant maintenance CMMS programs preferred.
- Competitive Base Salary + 13-26% Bonus
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- 9 holidays + 3 float holidays
- Health benefits start Day 1
- 401k + Pension
- Relocation Assistance
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree