|Pryor, Oklahoma - United States
contact recruiter for details
|30% bonus (20-30)
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Tulsa, OK, US
Reports To: General Manager
Daily Interaction: Plant Leadership, EHS, Operations, Maintenance and Contractors
Our client manufactures and sells nitrogen based chemical products for the agricultural, mining, and industrial markets throughout the United States.
- Provide production, process, and project engineering oversight for the continuous improvement with the goal to drive the facility to success as a low-cost operator producing high quality product in all units (ammonia, urea, nitric acid, ammonium nitrate and carbon dioxide).
- Function as the key individual who will be responsible for understanding the technical needs of the facility and leading the engineering to execute assigned projects and technical tasks.
- Work collaboratively in ensuring the facility is in compliance with all regulatory requirements including emissions permits (air, water, and solid waste), and Process Safety Management (PSM). Actively manage Process Hazard
- Analyses (PHA), Management of Change (MOC), corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and Process Safety Information (PSI).
- Continually monitor and evaluate plant operations for improvements while completing assigned projects. Advise facility management as appropriate.
- Develop a working level knowledge of all LSB’s facilities and partner with other engineering managers and the VP of Engineering and Projects in projects, training, and corporate initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and track project schedules to ensure that project execution is timely and on budget.
- Develop and manage engineering and capital budgets.
- Manage engineering contractors and equipment vendors as needed to support operations and projects.
- Coordinate input from plant operations, maintenance, EH&S to ensure all needs are supported in day-to-day activities and in projects.
- Develop strong working relationships with all facility personnel, sub-contractors, and suppliers (e.g., process technology, catalyst, and water treatment).
- Work cross functionally to support incident investigations, root cause analysis and reliability activities.
- Participate in a variety of budget, status, and management team and consultant meetings, to provide input and resolve issues.
- Direct responsibility for managing a staff of 4-6 engineers, project managers, and computer aided drafters providing support to the facility.
- Travel as needed, to support the facility and its activities.
- A desire to drive plant EHS and operations excellence to achieve optimum performance through excellence in Engineering.
- BS Engineering Discipline, chemical preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated performance in completing plant studies, making data-driven decisions, and implementing plant improvements which positively impacted plant profitability and sustainability (e.g., EHS, efficiency, productivity, reliability).
- Experience in all facets of plant operations (instrumentation, electrical, piping, rotating equipment, and management)
- Ability to manage a capital project portfolio (Up to $500K projects) using project scheduling software and other software tools.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering or operating leadership experience (both design and operations), preferably with much of the experience being with PSM-regulated nitrogen-based production facilities.
- Excellent Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with a proven track record working in a matrix organization.
- The individual must be sensitive to and aware of proper procedures and guidelines to follow, especially in dealing with government entities.
- A best-in-class individual, with a bias for action, a sense of urgency and a strong commitment to achieve tremendous results coupled with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- An open and effective communicator, able to communicate candidly at all levels who can inspire and engage diverse teams.
- A friendly and trustworthy individual who has strong credibility and strives for quality excellence, both inside and outside of company.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree