|Tempe, Arizona - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Work for one of the premier fintechs. They have grown significantly during covid.
3 positions. Can be located in
Tempe, Az or Santa Clara, Ca or Atlanta or Austin or Dallas or Houston
Must come from a Banking for Fintech vertical
Enterprise Architect - 3 positions can sit in Tempe, Az or Santa Clara, Ca or Atlanta or Austin or Dallas or Houston
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, The Company has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. The Company provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, The Company helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Our business is undergoing transformation and shift towards using public cloud and we need experienced architects to help us in moving the monolithic systems to modern cloud-based solutions.
The role requires the ability to work with the IT team, Product teams, Business teams, as well as C-level executives to demonstrate value proposition for core banking digital transformation. This includes assessing the current application and infrastructure environment, performing a gap analysis, and recommending the to-be enterprise application architecture. As an enterprise architect, you will be required to represent deep expertise on modernization and transformation of mission critical applications needing re-architecture, not just containerization/refactoring. You will use your knowledge of legacy platforms as well as new cloud-native banking solutions, cloud application architecture and best practices, hybrid cloud architecture, API management, microservices, security, data modernization and cloud integration technologies to advise and drive core transformation journey.
We are seeking a candidate who has great breadth and depth of experience when it comes to the banking application landscape, especially in the core banking space of deposits, lending, credit, and finance as well ability to evangelize and present as various forums and conferences.
About the role:
- Define strategy with respect to enterprise related standards and design goals; provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical and physical, and process views across multiple technology domains.
- Responsible for providing technology leadership and oversight of the project portfolio. The portfolio may consist of multiple, cross-functional projects of varying complexities, in support of strategic business initiatives and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with other teams including, but not limited to Business (LOBs), Enterprise Information Security, IT Delivery, Solutions Architects, Data Architects, Domain Architects, Risk, Operations, Corporate Function etc. for coordination on programs and projects.
- Facilitate organizational change by defining strategies for the banking clients with respect to technology standards, industry models and design goals; evaluate business requirements in the early stages of projects to determine what software, integration technologies, system architectures and patterns should be employed to meet business objectives efficiently; participate in the development of roadmaps, which include product selection, implementations, data migrations, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance.
- Identify and advise clients on emerging technology solutions in the retail and commercial banking businesses that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, capabilities, reduce risks and increase security.
- Collaborate with project teams to lead solution design, project proposals, proof-of-concepts, and delivery of the solution implementation including integration with both internal and external applications
- Communicate best practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined best practices
- Play a lead role in shaping and participating in The Company’s governance committees
- Experience working in FinTechs & with different banking applications
- Deep understanding of best design, reusable shared components and services and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance and scalability.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity concepts is a plus.
- Experience working with Data assets such as MDM, EDW and Data Lake
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms for all levels of organization
- A crisp and passionate communicator with the ability to simplify, communicate, and sell his or her vision/ideas up, down, and across the organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills—someone who can be as effective through influence as through direct control.
- Strong believer in data-driven innovation: ship, measure, improve, repeat. Responsible for leading and driving teams to deliver market changing innovations, in bite size pieces.
- Experience working with a distributed team. Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Aware of technology and industry trends in order to introduce industry leading practices and technologies to the bank and align the specific technologies identified with the relevant business capabilities they support
- Your heart at the right place, good sense of humor, live our values, and ability to form connections with the people you work with
- Bachelors Degree in CS, EE or equivalent
- 10+ years of architecting and delivering banking solutions across multiple enterprise architecture domains (technology, application, information and infrastructure)
- 5+ years of experience architecting and developing cloud-native applications including development of APIs and microservices on containers
- 5+ years of experience in core banking transformation projects, including developing project plans and budgets for successful IT projects
- 5 years of experience with legacy applications including C/C++, and Java application development and modernizing integration landscape using traditional and cloud-native integration and messaging technologies (MQ, Kafka, etc)
- 5 years of experience with cloud, containers, orchestration solutions Kubernetes, OpenShift, Fargate and DevSecOps development and deployment pipelines.
- 5 years of experience in a consulting organization including consultative-based selling of technology transformation project, documenting and presenting recommendations to clients and/or stakeholdersTry this
- 5 years of experience in data migration and transformation (RDBMS, NoSQL, MDM etc.)
- 5 years of Hands-on enterprise architecture framework experience (TOGAF, Zachman models, etc)
- Experience in interacting w/ senior leadership, including to C-suite
- Extraordinary communication & presentation skills. Experience speaking in conferences and other industry forums
Nice to have Qualifications
- Masters Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Certification in one of the enterprise architecture frameworks
- Advance knowledge of cloud architecture patterns and strategies (including IAAS, PAAS, Security, Compute, Storage, and Messaging
- Experience with cloud adoption and migration for existing on-premise solutions and integrations with SAAS products.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree