This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Enterprise Data Architect|
|Job Location:||Santa Clara, California - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||35% bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
This company does very well in good economic times but insanely well in difficult economic times.
Enterprise Data Architect - Santa Clara, Calif
The Company seeks a senior architect to provide technical and thought leadership to programs across the enterprise. This ideal candidate for this role has experience in designing large scale data and data-centric systems in a regulated industry. The role has a wide, enterprise view and will be the key person responsible for tracking the sources, canonical view, movement, and interfaces of data assets across a range of The Company systems.
The person in this role will be a Role model and mentor, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community Supporters, both internally and externally. The person is part of a team that enables transformation across the enterprise and as such must be a strong technical leader who will gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on analysts and engineers to executive Engineering leaders.
As a member of our architecture team, the Enterprise Data architect is an individual contributor expected to execute on priorities and solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile delivery environment. The ideal candidate will approach this with a keen interest in meaningful feedback and a balance of competence and humility.
In order to meet these demands, candidates should have deep expertise in this domain, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. The candidate will significantly impact the Tech agenda within the organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
This role will report to the Chief Architect, Head of Architecture and Innovation
1. Map the sources, transformation, and interfaces of critical data through the enterprise
2. Design the storage, movement, and processing patterns that will align to our technology vision
3. Build the canonical data definitions and views for key systems, in close collaboration with business owners.
4. Build foundational patterns which mitigate risk, improve data quality, and support compliance
5. Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of THE COMPANY’s most important data management problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
6. Build awareness, increase knowledge sharing and drive adoption of modern technologies and architecture patterns in this domain
7. Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
8. Operate as a trusted advisor for data transformation and machine learning ecosystem, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an integrated manner
9. Bring in a larger context to multiple software teams across multiple lines of business and guide their architecture evolution in response to business changes
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• At least 8 years of enterprise data architecture experience
• At least 8 years of experience with architectural patterns, involved in building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems
• Minimum 10 years of data engineering experience, with knowledge of Agile development process
• Experience architecting and developing large scale MDM (preferred Informatica), data warehousing, data lake and data integration projects
• Experience with Data governance tools e.g. Collibra
• Experience in performance monitoring and performance tuning
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Masters' Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
• 10+ years in software development, solutions architecture, or architect roles
• 10+ years of experience in designing, developing, and architecting enterprise data systems
• 10+ years with distributed data management, data storage including databases (Relational, NoSQL), data analysis, data processing, data transformation, high availability, and scalability
• 5+ years driving big data initiatives and navigating complex data challenges
• Has a strong understanding of the big data landscape
• 5+ years as a big data specialist working in and with data lakes, data warehouses, streaming platforms, and cloud platforms
• 2+ years in data mining, machine learning, and data science
• Experience in financial or other regulated domain is a plus
• Experience in transformational initiatives, re-imaging on-prem data footprint (tech, data) to the cloud
• Associated topics: data analytics, data architect, data integration, data scientist, data warehouse, data warehousing, big data, hbase, sql, teradata
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree