Below is the clients description.
General Description: The main function for the Environmental Engineer is to provide technical expertise and execution of all environmental matter at the site, in particularly the compliance reporting .
- Act as the EHS Manager in his/her absence to address any environmental, health, safety and/or hygiene issues as they arise.
- Provide off hours technical support in areas of responsibility. This will require carrying a cellular telephone and maintaining contact with the plant.
- Fully participate as a member of the EHS Team, including support of fellow team members, the team charter and team mission statement.
- Be an example of safety to all personnel on site adhering to the TOGSEE program.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations at the Freeport site.
- Assist the EHS Manager in the development of plans, programs, and procedures to ensure environmental compliance. Review state and federal regulations, environmental periodicals, etc., to determine applicability of regulations to plant site. Communicate with regulatory agencies, consultants, and legal counsel as needed to ensure environmental compliance.
- Coordinate permit applications, amendments and renewals, and Permits by Rule (PBRs) as needed to ensure that permits are up-to-date, permit applications contain accurate information, and permit conditions are met by the plant. Permits include, but may not be limited to, Title V, NSR, MSS, and Wastewater. Maintain up-to-date lists of allowable emissions, production rates, and other conditions that are required by permit. Ensure that personnel in other departments have and understand those lists that they need to ensure compliance.
- Maintain Title V database and compliance program.
- Oversee fugitive emissions monitoring program.
- Develop, complete, document (for recordkeeping purposes), file, and submit as required to the TCEQ and/or EPA prior to the regulatory deadline certain annual, semi-annual, monthly, weekly, and/or daily environmental reports for Freeport operations.
- Oversee wastewater compliance program including adherence to regulatory and permit conditions.
- Coordinate spill/incident reporting and spill cleanup to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate the hazardous (RCRA) and non-hazardous solid waste management program and off-site shipments of waste.
- Assist in the preparation of information requested by inspectors both before and after regulatory inspections.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Source Reduction / Waste Minimization (SRWM) Plan (a.k.a. Pollution Prevention (P2) Plan).
- Maintain the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan in compliance with 40 CFR 112 regulations.
- Maintain Environmental Work Plan and RegAction databases
Plant Support :
- Facilitate or participate in root cause investigations of specified environmental incidents.
- Promote environmental awareness of all plant personnel through training and other communication vehicles.
- Assist with the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Represent in Community Advisory Panel (CAP) activities.
- Develop constructive relations and earn the respect and confidence of team members, other site teams and vendors/suppliers in order to help enhance reputation as a reliable company.
EHSQ Management Systems:
- Implement and follow ISO Quality programs, policies and procedures outlined by the Standard and support the department to meet the requirements of ISO Quality programs, policies and procedures, and ensure continued compliance through support of the internal audit process and team meetings.
- Practice Responsible Care Management through active participation and adherence to the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System and contribute to the sustainability of the OSHA VPP Program by continuing to uphold the principles demonstrated as a STAR site.
- Understand your role in Responsible Care and be able to identify the significant environmental, health, safety, and security (EHSS) risks in your area of responsibility, the controls for each significant aspect and how to manage them as needed.
- Participate in and be an example of TOGSEE promotion and adherence.
- Specific Functional Competencies:
- Knows and uses detailed technical regulatory knowledge to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations at the Freeport site.
- Works w/ the EHS Manager, Environmental Technician and other plant personnel to provide and manage the required documentation to certify that all plant activities are in compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
- Develops positive effective relationships with all departments that interact with EHS.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Chemical, Environmental Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an environmental/ engineering related job. Minimum of one year of plant experience.