Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
|Reno, Nevada - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is based in Reno, NV.
Stable, growing global company offering opportunity for growth.
Competitive compensation package, pension matching, vacation time, benefits, etc.
Some relocation assistance provided for the selected candidate.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist for a leading manufacturing facility in Reno, NV.
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist plays an integral role responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the organization's safety systems.
- Provide internal consulting expertise in the areas of operational health & safety, personnel security, environmental compliance, and sustainability.
- Providing input and recommendations to plant leadership, line management, Team Members, and visitors/contractors regarding all matters of Environmental Health and Safety aspects and risks.
- Develop and implement programs in conformance with Regional EHS standards and in line with plant strategic direction (Lock Out Tag Out, Working at Heights, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Hazcom, MSDS management, etc.)
- Serving as a technical consultant for operations & engineering leadership during new equipment launches or changes.
- Facilitate and approve machine guarding risk assessments, ergonomic assessments, industrial hygiene reviews and other assessments as required.
- Plan, develop, deliver and track EHS training programs for plant leadership, Team Members, vendors and visitors/contractors.
- Serve as a technical consultant and guide during incident investigations, classification of incidents, and OHSA 300 log reporting.
- Execute internal health and safety audits to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Coordinate the plant Health & Safety Committee with accountability to ensure meetings and inspections are appropriately documented as required.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement activities associated with the plant’s hazardous and non-hazardous waste management programs.
- Audit and confirm compliance with all environmental emissions permits and escalating non-compliance to the appropriate level of the organization.
- Supporting interactions with the Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), the Environment Protection Agency (EPA), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Kinesiology strongly preferred.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in a health, safety, or environmental-related field is preferred.
- Safety certification (CSP or CIH) is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience developing and facilitating an EHS program in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Experience with EHS management systems and auditing programs.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state EHS related laws and regulations.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive written reports with clear findings and recommendations.
- Proven experience with conducting risk assessment, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ability to positively influence change by developing cooperative networks and building trust at all levels with internal and external partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines, priorities and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working with new software and data.
- The ability to perform normal sitting and standing activities and lift to 50 pounds.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to actively listen and read comprehensive documents.
- The ability to regularly walk/transit throughout the plant.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years