|Kalamazoo, Michigan - United States
$95,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Clilent is one of the world's best at what they do. Loves to promote from within. Needs to have the wilingness to take the next step. Bonus of 20%
The Environmental Manager will provide world class expertise to fully support the plant's environmental objectives through demonstrated leadership. This position is a member of the Plant Leadership team directly responsible for managing the environmental systems ensuring compliance with federal/state/local environmental laws, EPA regulations, and corporate policies. The Environmental Manager is responsible for program design and monitoring, executing projects and ongoing management of day-to-day activities involving environmental compliance.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but, are not limited to, the following.
- Ensure the mill complies with all applicable Environmental laws and regulations and corporate policies.
- Manage all regulatory reporting requirements, permitting processes, and response to regulatory activities, inspections, and citations.
- Ensure all required environmental air, water, waste, stormwater activities are scheduled, completed, and properly documented and reported.
- Accountable for setting direction and deploying environmental resources in a union environment.
- Align business operations and corporate objectives.
- Develops plans and delivers results in a fast-changing business and regulatory environment by participating in plant divisional environmental initiatives.
- Provides input to plant and departmental strategy and contributes directly to plant priorities and planning.
- Safeguard employees and surrounding community by establishing methodologies for measuring the effectiveness of plant compliance with federal/state/local environmental laws, EPA regulations, and corporate policies.
- Provides solutions to complex environmental issues serving as the Senior Environmental Leader (i.e. best practice/quality environmental, technical expert, train/mentors managers, supervisors and staff)
- Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations including industrial hygiene.
- Established rapport with local agencies.
- Investigates environmental incidents and develops recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Determines environmental training requirements and provides employees with environmental training applicable to their work processes.
- Maintains up-to-date, comprehensive knowledge of federal/state/local environmental laws, EPA regulations, and corporate policies.
- Other duties as assigned
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of progressive environmental experience in heavy manufacturing required
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry preferred
- Union experience preferred
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably engineering, chemistry, or environmental science/management).
- Must have demonstrated success in environmental management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, solve problems, and be results oriented
- Possesses broad technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process and people leadership capabilities.
- Union environment experience preferred.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Willingness and ability to fully manage 24/7 operation directly
- Occasional overnight travel
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree