|Job Location:||Des Moines, Iowa - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Our client is a privately held national commercial real estate investment firm, with primary offices in Des Moines; Dallas; and Pasadena, with additional personnel situated nationwide. The company is open to remote work opportunities for individuals with a proven track record of excellent work product and seniority. The Company and affiliates have acquired and manage over $4.1 billion in CRE assets, comprised of 975+ properties in 42 states, totaling more than 18 million square feet. The firm has experienced consistent growth and anticipates adding $800 million+ annually to AUM.
This position reports to the Senior Controller and is responsible for all aspects of the investor equity onboarding and tracking for our various offerings. The position will also drive the buildout of various functionalities in our accounting system as it relates to the investor and equity process to create efficiencies in our existing processes. The Equity Controller will also manage a group of senior and staff accountants and assist in their training and development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA required; active license status is preferred.
• Investment accounting experience is preferred, but not required.
• Seven to ten (7-10+) or more years of accounting experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or private industry environments.
• One (1+) or more years of Assistant Controller or Controller experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research, and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
• Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate individuals as well as roll-up your sleeves to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects required.
• Leadership experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
• Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Experience with Yardi is a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree