|Windsor, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Leading manufacturing company that offers great compensation, benefits and opportunity for growth.
This position is located in Windsor, ON.
Dynamic industry that services automotive, agriculture and food and beverage.
This position is responsible for the preparation of written proposals, which include conceptual drawings, costing and presentation to customers.
- Develop concept and process for RFQ and create estimate sheet(s)
- Utilize manufacturing software to research previous job costing and use as reference tool
- Work with suppliers to obtain accurate component information and quotes
- Maintain files of vendor quotes as they are received
- Initiate & conduct team meeting to review concept and pricing structure
- Work independently and in a team environment with the Engineering Managers, Account Reps, and Program Managers to assist on the successful concept development, quote preparation and execution of the quote
- Prepare written proposals including concept development, pricing and presentations to existing and potential customers
- Travel if required to present proposal to customer
- Aid in follow-up with Account Rep regarding status of proposal
- Work toward developing standard phrasing to enhance the standardization of content of our proposals and ensure checklists are completed as well as all ISO documentation forms
- Maintain organized and accurate quoting records to enable another team member to follow quoting steps in case of absence or re-designation of quote
- Review quote with confidence and be able to sell the concept as well as costs and timing
- Attend weekly estimating priority and scope meeting
- Initiate and conduct internal kick off meetings and participate in post project review meetings
- A post-secondary education in a relevant technical program, with experience specializing in mechanical design and/or machine (PLC/PC) controls
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an estimating role combined with design and/or project management
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes in the Life Science and Food industries would be considered a strong asset
- Professional and well spoken
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen understanding of material and labour costs, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is a must
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years