This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Feed Division Manager (HS-7894)|
|Job Location:||Holdrege, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||***Competitive Wage and Benefits|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Feed Division Manager - Nebraska
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in their search for a Feed Department Manager. This is an executive position that oversees the Feed Division for the company. Responsible for directing the department in a manner that will optimize the company's savings while improving efficiency resulting in outstanding customer service. The Feed Division Manager is a member of the senior leadership team contributing to the overall success of the organization. The Feed Division Manager is directly involved with the operations of the department.
- Oversee the feed sales in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee the feed operations at all locations, as well as assisting the feed employees as part of the feed manufacturing/delivery process.
- Communicate with operations teams to facilitate orderly movement of feed and administration of programs.
- Ensure the Feed Division is meeting sales and profitability goals.
- Ensure the Feed Division is complying with and promoting company safety standards.
- Create and implement a medium and long-range plan for the feed business.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan and promotion program.
- Communicate with the General Manager and feed sales staff on feed positions and feed programs.
- Grow and develop talent.
- Maintain a strong network of contacts within the industry.
- Identify market and consumer trends impacting strategy.
- Determine appropriate approach to opportunities; acquire, lease, merge.
- Ensure accuracy and quality control in the financial statements.
- Oversee budgets, forecasting, analysis, auditing, interpretation, and reporting for the Feed Division.
- Establish best practices with Company employees and external feed and ingredient suppliers to ensure compliance with State and Federal feed regulatory laws.
- Monitor feed and feed ingredients to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and communicate with the Board to ensure they have the information needed to perform their responsibilities.
- Work with operations to develop a capital expenditure plan ensuring a reasonable rate of return on assets.
- This job entails the handling of feed and feed related products and merchandise therefore the use of forklift, skid steer and physical labor may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an agriculture related and 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Feed mill operations supervision experience (preferably with P&L responsibility)
- Experience with Policies, Processes, and Practices related to regulatory compliance in the feed industry including USDA, FDA, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies.
- High commitment to customer service, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage inventory for efficient operations, reliable availability, and optimized profitability
- Experience developing strategic long and short range objectives with a history of growth and success
- The ability to walk, lift and carry up to 50 lbs, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, operate complex equipment