This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Feed Mill Manager (HS-7902)|
|Job Location:||Lincoln, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||***Competitive Wage and Benefits|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Feed Mill Manager - Nebraska
***Employer provides Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits!***
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in their search for a Feed Mill Manager for their Southeast Nebraska location. Core responsibility will be to oversee the manufacturing, warehousing, inventory, delivery and quality control for all feeds and livestock products manufactured or sourced. The Feed Mill Manager is responsible for the safe operation of the mill in all respects and in fostering a safety attitude among the employees. Primary duties to include:
- Coordinating production, distribution & logistics and warehousing
- Maintain inventory, monitor quality control, and follow all current SOP's and best management practices
- Manage employee schedules, lead and support the team, and train new employees
- Keep up-to-date with current OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations and maintain the plant in conformance with regulations.
- Oversee proper implementation of safety and regulatory standards to include OSHA, FDA, USDA, NDEQ, DOT and other state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Maintain all required record keeping compliance
- Maintain efficiency and reliability in the production and delivery schedules.
- Oversee ration ingredients and additives (medications levels, withdrawal times, etc).
- Assist with budget planning, capital projects, and future enhancement to the facility
- Optimize the productivity and financial performance of the mill.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing of products and services delivered.
- Hire, properly train and conduct reviews for all personnel assigned to the mill (Production, Delivery, and Office personnel).
- Make timely and accurate reports to supervisor (routine reports, problems or errors related to feed production or delivery)
- Report customer concerns immediately
- Report all suggestions for improvement of production practices that could benefit the company or the customer
- Uphold and enforce the company credit policies. Assist Credit Manager and Feed Division Manager in keeping accounts current.
- Maintain a professional image in the community
- Assist other departments with managing peak demands whenever possible.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years Feed Mill experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Batch Feed Manufacturing including pelleting
- Solid Computer Skills to include knowledge of inventory, manufacturing, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Demonstrated successful Supervisory experience required (prefer 2 years minimum)
- Solid Communication and Public Speaking Skills necessary.
- Strong Analytical / Problem Solving Skills a must.
- Creative Innovative Thinking and Strong Personal Initiative needed.
- the ability to walk, stand, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work indoors or outdoors in an industrial environment