This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||Car Allowance, Bonus,|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Clinical Diagnostics, Instrumentation, Med Device, Life Sciences
We have most recently been engaged by an International leader in the field of in vitro, clinical and molecular diagnostics. This OEM is a global company with 6 industrial sites and more than 1000 employees worldwide. As they continue to grow, and especially in the down town core, they are in need of a Field Service Engineer, home based in the Greater Toronto Area. The Candidate they seek will be a hardware-based skill set (electrical or mechanical) who is currently doing field work ideally supporting and working with advanced instrumentation, clinical diagnostics, biomedical equipment, and or medical devices . This will be an extremely customer centric (shows sense of urgency), solutions-based professional that has adhered to and been successful in a “formal” service protocol type environment and brings strengths in customer service, product install, troubleshooting, calibrating and repair
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installations and necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service and repair of complex instruments and systems
• Performs routine, non-routine and unusual technical repairs of all systems assigned. This includes updates, retrofits, PMs and product enhancements.
• Instructs customers in the proper operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of instruments and systems.
• Is responsible for complying with all appropriate regulatory bodies (FDA, ISO and Health Canada) mandated policies, procedures, work instructions, and records
• Serves as a company liaison with customers.
• Responsible for routine and consistent interaction with sales counterparts with respect to customer situations, updates, and lead generations.
• Schedules, coordinates, and presents pertinent information at Customer User Group Training Seminars and Marketing Roadshows
• Assists the Area Service Manager in analyzing the severity of customer complaints and to develop plans to resolve customer complaints. As needed, Travel into other territories to assist with duties and responsibilities above.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Area Service Manager
Minimum Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology or related industry.
• Minimum of three years experience as a FSE I in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of clinical diagnostics, cap equipment, or medical devices.
• Must have good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management through oral and written presentations / reports..
• Travel is required. Minimum 30% by auto in primary assigned territory. Minimum 10% by air for training, business meetings and/or support to customers outside primary or assigned territory
-Hardware-based skill set (electrical or mechanical) who is currently doing field work ideally supporting and working with advanced instrumentation, clinical diagnostics, biomedical equipment, and or medical devices .
-Customer centric (shows sense of urgency), solutions-based professional that has adhered to and been successful in a “formal” service protocol type environment (internal or external)and brings strengths in customer service, product install, troubleshooting, calibrating and repair