Field Service Engineer
|Vancouver (NE Downtown / Harbour Centre / Gastown / Yaletown), British Columbia - Canada
contact recruiter for details
|Fleet car, Bonus, Overtime
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
we are working with a global leader in diagnostic instruments for critical care that has grown at a rate of 8% per year since 2013. Specifically our client are experts in blood gas testing technology that lets you perform time sensitive diagnostics tests efficiently and accurately in either central labs or the ever expanding domain of point of care. As they continue to grow, they require a Field Service Engineer home based in British Columbia.
Under direction of the Area Service Manager, develops customer satisfaction through technical repair, installation, training, operation, and maintenance of instruments and systems.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installations and necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service and repair of complex instruments and system. Performs routine, non-routine and unusual technical repairs of all systems assigned. This includes updates, retrofits, PMs and product enhancements.
- Instructs customers in the proper operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of instruments and systems.
- Responsible for complying with all appropriate regulatory bodies (FDA, ISO and Health Canada) mandated policies, procedures, work instructions, and records.
- Serves as a company liaison with customers.
- Responsible for routine and consistent interaction with sales counterparts with respect to customer situations, updates, and lead generations.
- Assures financial stability and viability of territory by promoting and selling service agreements, PMs, and other services.
- Schedules, coordinates, and presents pertinent information at Customer User Group Training Seminars and Marketing Road shows.
- Assists the Area Service Manager in analyzing the severity of customer complaints and to develop plans to resolve customer complaints as needed
- Travel into other territories may be needed to assist with duties and responsibilities above.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Area Service Manager
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology or related industry.
- Minimum of three years' experience as an FSE in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of systems, or equivalent industry experience.
- Must have good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management through oral and written presentations I reports.
- Must have good MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including the ability to manipulate data and build presentations.
- Travel is required.
a hardware based skill set (electrical or mechanical) who is currently doing field work ideally supporting and working with biomedical equipment, medical devices, and or clinical diagnostics.
This will be a customer centric solutions based professional that has navigated a similar travel schedule and has strengths in product install, troubleshooting, calibrating and repair
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree