Field Service Technician / Auto Elec /Heavy Vehicle (Perth)
|Perth, Western Australia - Australia
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - Australian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Company provided Vehicle/Laptop/Phone along with great remuneration benefits
- Autonomy within your role - we’ve got the bull you take the horns
- Relocation assistance provided
The Field Service Technician - Mining will work along with a dedicated team in supplying high quality installation and service of GPS hardware on a wide range of mining and landfill equipment. The role will require you to work in varying and challenging locations.
This is a full-time permanent role, with opportunity for an ongoing employment (either full-time or contract extension). It is based at our Perth Office in Balcatta.
The Field Service Technician-Mining will conduct HP GPS installations and Weighing System solutions and repairs on the following machines and equipment:
- Light Trucks, Utes
- Loaders (Komatsu, Hitachi, Leibherr, Volvo, Case)
- Dozers (Cat, Komatsu)
- Graders (Cat, Komatsu, John Deere)
- Excavators (Komatsu, Hitachi, Leibherr, Volvo , Cat)
- Drill Rigs (CAT, Atlas Copco and Sandvik)
- Dump Trucks (CAT, Komatsu , Hitachi)
- Base station install and setup
- Repeater install and setup
- WIFI mesh and network configurations
- Site communication networks and radio solutions
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proactive focus toward safety and hazard identification
- Reading Electrical and Hydraulic schematics
- Sourcing technical information from available reference manuals, OEM and computer- based systems.
- Complying with drawings and instructions for new installations.
- Complying with SWMS / JHA’s and relevant safety procedures both onsite and in workshops
- Installing and removing of components.
- Conducting technical inspections and job estimations.
- Undertaking maintenance, diagnostic and troubleshooting (repair based) activities.
- Installation of HPGPS and FMS systems on heavy mining and landfill equipment
- Updating software and firmware remotely and on site
- Assisting customer sites with project creation and surveying
- Fabrication and modification of mounting brackets
- Undertaking administration tasks, like Pre-starts, job sheets, timesheets, client reports, Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) etc
- Maintain records and complete reports, paperwork and data input as required
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in the same industry and capacity
- Valid C class driver's licence
- HR license preferred
- EWP and Work at Heights Qualifications preferred
- Australian Recognised Trade Qualification preferred in either Mechanical or electrical fields